Saturday, June 22, 2019

IN MEMORIAM DYMPHNA.

Two days ago, June 23, I checked out Gates of Vienna, whom I consider to be the guys in the next foxhole in the Counterjihad - not that I want to imply DowneastBlog has the magnitude of GoV - and to my great shock and dismay I read the following in a post written on June 17:


"Dymphna died suddenly last night, or more accurately, early this morning. I took her to the emergency room early in the evening; she had a high fever and a terrible cough. But it didn’t seem like anything that could ever be fatal.

I will be pretty much out of action until at least after the funeral, so this blog is officially on hiatus for a while. I’ll be back, though, when I’m ready to handle things again.

Tipsters are advised not to send any more news feed tips until you see another post appear here besides this one.

I’ve been up all night, so that’s all for now."



Gates of Vienna is, or now rather was, run by the Baron and Dymphna, who happened to be a couple. They have been at the forefront of the Counterjihad for well over a decade, and during all that time their prodigious output has never slacked, at least not that I noticed. GoV is and, hopefully, will continue to be a treasure trove of myriads of facts and anecdotes detailing the seemingly irresistible invasion of our civilized countries by the gruesome death cult that is islam.

I frequented often, commented from time to time, and slowly got acquainted, if only digitally, with the owners, though more so with Dymphna. As fleeting as these contacts were, they sufficed to me to leave a lasting impression of her as a gentle, friendly and deeply caring person. Caring not only about our beautiful civilization, but also caring for her friends and loved ones, above all her soulmate. I have no reason to suppose that their marriage was anything other than a sound and deeply fulfilling one, and as such I can imagine - or rather no, I cannot imagine - the pain the Baron must go through now.

When I checked in again on GoV today I found out the Baron posted a photo of his late spouse, which I will now put up on these pages too. I will readily admit that I did not ask permission for this to the Baron, but something tells me he would approve... as would Dymphna herself. Correction, as Dymphna approves. Gates of Vienna and DowneastBlog were and are partners in the same fight, and besides, this is what Dymphna's husband wrote:


"I buried my wife late yesterday afternoon in the graveyard of our little rural church in Central Virginia. The Episcopalian service was everything that one could have hoped for, and I know that Dymphna was pleased with the liturgy, the music, and the fellowship in the parish hall after the Committal.

A year or two ago, after a discussion about this eventuality, Dymphna gave her assent to the publication of the photo below. It was the only photo of her that she would allow to be posted. It was taken a number of years ago, in happier times."





There follows an immensely touching post by a man torn by grief yet grateful for the time allotted to their union. I suggest you should read it.


Pray for Dymphna and Ned.



MFBB.

No comments: