Saturday, June 11, 2016

SATURDAY NIGHT THE HAPPY MONDAYS, CHRISTOPHER CROSS.

The Happy Mondays with Step On. From the 1990 album Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches.




Madchester band around Shaun (vocals) and Paul (bass) Ryder from Salford, Greater Manchester.



A nice ballad: Christopher Cross with Sailing. From his debut album Christopher Cross (1979).




Singer/songwriter from San Antonio, Texas.



At the time of finishing this Saturday Night I saw that we had no less than 402 hits from Japan today. Dunno where I earned so much attention from the Land of the Rising Sun, other than that an old post about Unit 731 must suddenly have been picked up by someone who thereafter snowballed it.

Just to make a couple of things clear...

While I reserve the right to point out certain things re the horrible excesses committed by Japanese military personnel during its militaristic regime's tenure, I want to make it clear that I don't hold the Japanese people themselves responsible for that. I want to emphasize that I respect Japan and its citizens TRE-MEN-DOUS-LY. I salute you and your ingenuity, stamina, labor ethic, scientific and technological prowess; your fascinating history and rich culture; your fine cuisine (our family is a regular visitor to a very decent Japanese restaurant in Brussels, Kabuki); and last but not least, your absolutely beautiful country. May we have the good luck to visit it one day.

Also, you must be goddam smart people in allowing immigrants only under the most stringent conditions - especially muslim immigrants. I know your island nation faces its own particular problems, what with your demographic challenges, your tsunamis, your proximity to that North Korean lunatic et al, but of this I am sure: Japan and the Japanese will see things through.


 photo respect_zpsurb75vxm.jpg


おやすみなさい、良い夢を!



MFBB.

No comments: