Saturday, June 20, 2009

SATURDAY NIGHT RANDOM POP.

Although considering Eric Burdon's voice and style, he'd possibly be offended by my labeling The Animals' music as "pop". For some reason, for a long time I thought they were Americans. It wasn't until Al Gore invented the internets that I could correct my mistake: they are - were - Brits, more precisely from Newcastle upon Tyne. If you go there, don't miss Tyne Bridge, Saint Nicholas Cathedral, and, of course, the Angel of the North.





Dionne Farris is an R&B/soul musician who, after recording three songs with hiphop group Arrested Development, embarked on a solo career which spawned one big hit, I know, from the album Wild Seed - Wild Flower (1995). I remember how this catchy song made my daily 40 kloms drive to the industrial plant where I worked then somewhat more bearable. "I Know" hit number four on the Billboard Hot 100 and was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 96. She had a minor hit with Hopeless in 97.





Next week I may post some Smokey Robinson. Or not. Depends. Nite all.


MFBB.

No comments: