Tuesday, October 03, 2023

GREAT WALKS: YOKE, ILL BELL, FROSWICK AND TROUTBECK IN THE LAKE DISTRICT.

Something to battle the negativity, this marvellous account of an early Spring walk in the Lake District:





I can sympathize. I have vacationed in that glorious piece of real estate five times. But to be sure, the video deals with the southeast, a corner I have yet to discover. I am more familiar with the West, where, e.g., from the top of Great Gable you are rewarded with this sight:





... or the North, where Keswick rests between Derwentwater and the Skiddaw range:





... or the South, with the Coniston Old Man looms over its namesake village:





I climbed the Coniston Old Man in 2015, Blencathra in 2020, and Skiddaw and Great Gable both in 2021. And I'm a happier man for it! If you don't know the Lake District yet, go and discover it!




MFBB.

No comments: