Saturday, January 31, 2015

SATURDAY NIGHT THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, THE CONNELS.

The Alan Parsons Project with Sirius.




Art rock, prog rock band around Eric Woolfson and Alan Parsons, active from 1975 to 1990. I got to know them thanks to my old brother-in-arms Michael B., who let me listen to their 1982 Eye in the Sky album. And that's where Sirius was drawn from.



The Connels with 74-75. From the 1993 album Ring.




I'm a sixties child, born in 1965. Am turning 50 later this year. Listening to this song presses home the weight of time. How well do I recall watching this clip on MTV in the mid-nineties, when I was still trying - how to put it nicely? - to at least get my bearings fixed. Although I did have quite a lot of recollections from my early youth in the seventies, I did not need The Connels to tell me this song wasn't about the timeframe between grade school and your first job. It was about your road between the latter and the point where you arrive twenty years later. Your prime time. The slot allotted to you to make it, or break it. The University of Life, so to speak.

Back then, there was no empathy, no personal connection with the fellas in the video.

But now - at 49 - there is.

And it's amazing how time has flown by.

Well... when you can look back and not regret the basic decisions you have made... the steps you have taken... I guess that's worth a lot, isn't it?

Nite.


MFBB.

No comments: