Saturday, October 20, 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT PETER GABRIEL, PETER BJORN AND JOHN.

Peter Gabriel first, with Games without frontiers.



From his third solo album, Peter Gabriel (1980). Gabriel was always some kind of a nutter. You should have seen the costumes he wore in his Genesis period. I also have the Genesis concept album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. Its music is 'interesting' - but the lyrics, which were AFAIK mostly written by Gabriel, make you think they originated from a mind high on LSD. At best.

On a lighter note, the poppy sound of Peter Bjorn and John with Young Folks.



Swedish blokes. This is from their third album, Writer's Block (2006). My 5-year old son, who's sitting on my lap as I write this, likes it. Just asked me to play it again. If it's good enough for OutlawSon, then it's good enough for you.

Good night.

MFBB.

No comments: