Tuesday, July 06, 2010

OBAMA'S NO.1 PRIORITY FOR NASA: "ENGAGE MORE WITH MUSLIM COUNTRIES TO MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT MEDIEVAL SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS".

I guess you can't say I have the scoop - it's been in and on every self-respecting news outlets - but still I feel I have to pay some attention to it.

NASA Chief Charles Bolden in an interview with al Jazeera, via FOX News, July 5, 2010:

Photobucket



"...When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview..."


Reach out to the muslim world and help them feel good about their historic contribution to science...


He really said that.

That would be the same Bolden who a couple of months ago stressed the need for NASA to develop a big rocket "in the 2020-2030 timeframe" (an HLV, for Heavy Lift Vehicle), who spoke of "game-changing technologies", who promised in-orbit refuelling.

That's it? No HLV, no in-orbit refueling? And making muslims feel good about their historic achievements in science, those are the "new game-changing technologies"?

Breathing in.

Breathing out.

Breathing in.

Breathing out.


Some sound advice for Americans.

You better do your DAMNEDEST BEST to reconquer the House AND the Senate from the democratic loons this fall, or by the timeframe 2020-2030 NASA will be producing fireworks.



MFBB.

No comments: