Saturday, March 06, 2010

SATURDAY NIGHT EELS, SMASHING PUMPKINS.

Rags to Rags from Eels' debut album Beautiful Freak (1996) was apparently never deemed good enough to qualify for hit, but to me it sounds just as good as Novocaine for the Soul or Your Lucky Day in Hell. Video is hilarious too. Singer's Mark Oliver Everett aka E.






Mayonaise is one of the less accessible songs on The Smashing Pumpkins' second album, Siamese Dream (1993). This ain't indeed no commercial easylistening stuff like Tonight, Tonight or 1979, but to me it's an essential nineties sound. Jesus, how time flies. I recall how, in the mist of time, in my chick chasing days, I asked the barkeeper in De Draa Deurkisj (The Three Little Doors) time and again to play it. The Smashing Pumpkins' frontman is Billy Corgan. IIRC, he used to do Courtney Love, also in the mist of time, so apparently his chick chasing days were more successfull than mine.




Great sound huh? If you disagree with me, you must certainly be a, wait for it... a nazi!



MFBB.

No comments: