Saturday, September 02, 2017

SATURDAY NIGHT SMALL FACES, SKUNK ANANSIE.

Small Faces with Lazy Sunday. Released as a single in 1968.





English mod rock band from East London, founded in 1965 by Steve Marriott, Ronnie Lane, Kenney Jones, and Jimmy Winston. One year later already the latter was replaced by Ian McLagan as keyboardist.



Fast forward twenty years with Skunk Anansie and Charity. From the 1995 album Paranoid and Sunburnt.





Skin looks like a nightmare and I'm not sure I'm gonna put this on my iPod, which is a polite way of saying I'm never gonna do it, but Charity is an essential mid-nineties UK rock sound (the band is generally not regarded as Britpop though). Yes I still got an iPod, prolly ten years old already. Say what you will about Apple products but I have no issues with their quality. Yet.



This post was entirely edited using a Raspberry Pi3 model B, which I bought some 8 months ago via Amazon. Its CPU is a 1.2 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 superscalar processor. A superscalar CPU allows for some kind of instruction-level parallelism, which means that more than one instruction can be done per clock cycle, as opposed to what single (scalar) processors do. A superscalar processor dispatches multiple instructions to different execution units (on the processor).

My Raspberry Pi (actually only the Starter Kit model) came with a 16GB Class 10 MicroSD Card, which was preloaded with the Raspbian OS and NOOBS (New Out of Box Software). Setting it up was easy as pie. There's a simple browser called Epiphany, and Python, a programming language. There's two editors to edit and debug Python code, but when my first programme, edited in the most recent one, refused to work, it took a lot of cursing before it dawned upon me to try the simpler editor. And that did the trick.

The Pi 3 also has built-in WiFi as well as Bluetooth. The WiFi works great, but while Bluetooth pairing with my iPhone did succeed, I got the message (on the monitor I had hooked to the Raspberry) that 'this device has no services which can be used with Raspberry Pi'. Duh.

Anyway, slaap wel. Thx for tuning in.



MFBB.

No comments: