Sunday, August 27, 2017

RECOMMENDED VIDEO: BIRTH OF THE B-29 SUPERFORTRESS. UPDATE.



Last month we were in the States and, upon learning that the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum on The Mall has actually a sibling near Dulles, the Steven Udvar Hazy Center, we immediately carted off to it. The collection dwarfs the one in Washington, and what's more, there's much more exciting displays, a.o. the SR71 Blackbird, the Space Shuttle Discovery and... the Enola Gay!!!

I'm having issues with Flickr again, so sorry, no Udvar Hazy Center pics yet, but they're coming.



UPDATE.

Okay, expect photos again. I found shelter at Imageshack for a measly 19 bucks a year. Eat THAT, Photobucket! It's a scandal you dare to charge 400 US dollars a year. You're practically begging to go bankrupt.

Anyway, below a pic I took in the Steven Udvar Hazy Center. In the left upper corner you can make out the passageway which allows a peek inside the cockpit of Paul Tibbets' mount. However, just opposite it the passageway has transparent shields, which I suppose are for deterring vandals.





And here is a photo I took from precisely that passageway. To avoid reflections in the transparent shielding, I held my iPhone above it with outstretched arms, pressed the virtual button blindly, and hoped for the best. It turned out to be a decent pic:







MFBB.

No comments: