"Islam holds a place in our Western societies. Islam belongs in Europe. It holds a place in Europe's history, in our culture, in our food and – what matters most – in Europe's present and future." "Throughout our European history, many have tried to unify our continent by imposing their own power, their own ideology, their own identity against the identity of someone else."
"Daʼesh is Islam's worst enemy in today's world. Its victims are first and foremost Muslim people. Islam is a victim itself."
"For this reason I am not afraid to say that political Islam should be part of the picture. Religion plays a role in politics – not always for good, not always for bad."
I can't find the heart to post more quotes from that speech, check it yourself here, but please, please, PLEEEEEAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!, someone shut this INSANE woman's piehole and send her packing, like, RIGHT NOW !!! She studied Political Science, which means she's too fucking dumb to do anything requiring real intelligence on the one hand, and too fucking lump to do anything useful with her hands, but maybe, just maybe, she can stand somewhere inside the EU Parliament holding a neon signpost pointing to the Parliament's restaurant (provided she can find a power socket and plug the jack in the correct way).
Some relevant bio facts about Federica Mogherini:
* member of the Italian Communist Youth Federation from 1988
* in 1996 joined the Youth Left after the dissolution of the Italian Communist Party before its transformation into a social democratic party.
* In 2001 she became a member of the National Council of the Democrats of the Left (DS), later serving on its National Executive Board and Political Committee.
* In 2003 she started working at the DS's Foreign Affairs Section
* Mogherini was in charge of maintaining relations with the Party of European Socialists, the Socialist International and other Left-wing parties, including with the US Democratic Party.
Need some more info? What did you say? Oh, the topic of her thesis while she was a student Political Science? I got that: it was called "Relationship between religion and politics in Islam". Ik kid you not.
It's things like this which give me nightmares. People like Mogherine are the gravediggers of western civilization.
(*) for Iran.