Saturday, November 10, 2018

SATURDAY NIGHT KEANE, QUEEN.

Keane with Somewhere only we know. Album Hopes and Fears (2004).




Keane is from Battle, East Sussex, of all places. Sold the farm in 2014.



Queen with Who wants to live Forever. From the soundtrack of the first Highlander movie. (1986)





I remember Highlander well. Just about blew me away when I first saw it, back in 1986 or 7. Basically everything in that flick was perfect, even Christopher Lambert's casting as Connor McLeod, the protagonist. Best role? No contest, Clancy Brown as The Kurgan, McLeod's nemesis. The director was Russell Mulcahy; I wonder why we haven't heard more of him afterwards. Of course, movies were not his main thing, that was music video clips (a.o. for The Buggles: Video killed the Radio Star, I kid you not!).

As for the shooting locations in Scotland, some of it was done near Eilean Donan Castle, and I suspect the scenes depicting the surroundings of McLeod's too short time together with Heather were done near the Three Sisters of Glencoe. Go there at least once, in your lifetime.


Nite.


MFBB.

No comments: