Sunday, May 16, 2004

Here's an interesting thing. Somehow, this job with Spirit of America has made both my husband (a rabid conservative), and my mother in law (a rabid liberal) proud of me. I believe that this will be one of the secrets to their sucess. Liberals that believe in nation building and helping all of those poor people that our military is "putting out" in their homelands will happily give. So will conservatives, who know darn well that half the battle militarily is getting the locals behind you, which you can accomplish through helping them to work for themselves, giving them some ownership in the rebuilding process, and thus building the trust essential for good intelligence for our mil guys.

Don't be surprised if my postings drop dramatically in the next week or two, I've already got an enormous project to start in on tomorrow. I'm so ready to dig into this! But I really had this post that I've been wanting to write for a long time. I just hope Jonah doesn't steal it from me before I get to it! He mentioned that he had been thinking about it, but just hadn't gotten himself totally wrapped around it yet. I however, have one more thing that I believe has added to this particular issue that is a huge catalyst for the way that it has ended up today. Well, I can't start writing it at this time of night, so I'll save it and hope to get it done tomorrow night.

No comments: