Sunday, April 04, 2004

Alright, so I made it one week! This will be my once weekly post, because it is the thing that continually upsets me the most.

10 more of our boys lost today. Don't get me wrong, I still fully support what they are doing, but I'm wanting to see that can of "whupass" come out pretty quick here.

And what I REALLY want to see is that can coming from the Iraqi forces, because then it's going to mean a hell of a lot more. 22 Iraqis killed in this as well, and I feel for them too, especially since I have seen so many good ones struggling to get the country on its feet. Once you get personally involved, it's different. It sure gives me a new respect for the abilities of soldiers making contacts over there still being able to govern their emotions enough to be able to continue compartmentalizing to do the job.

Interesting as well that it was a Spanish base that was attacked, no? Let's see, a bombing there, terrorist appeasement shown, another try at them last week, and now this. Think that maybe they are thinking they'll get them pulled out early? All I know is that if I were one of those Spanish soldiers I'd be doubly pissed off about being pulled out now.

All of this is a nightmare for the Johnnys in our military, or the Allies in Iraq. Please to give them both the strength to endure this difficult time...

No comments: